We are committed to supporting organizations like yours to build capacity in service to our community. That’s why we’ve teamed up with the Taproot Foundation to offer our members capacity building support through high-impact pro bono service. We know that even pro bono support can take extra time and energy to yield impact. For the next several months, we are working closely with Taproot to make sure OLC members not only have access to pro bono services through consultants and skilled volunteers, but that we offer support along the way maximize the time and energy spent to net added capacity to your organization.
Taproot is a nonprofit that connects social change organizations with passionate, skilled volunteers. Members of the Oakland Literacy Coalition have access to Taproot’s pro bono services, and Taproot will provide opportunities to work directly with skilled business professionals via Taproot’s Speed Consulting event and projects on Taproot+.
Speed Consulting is a half-day event that will pair organizations with a series of professional experts for quick, targeted consulting and advice around key organizational needs in Marketing, HR, Strategy and Finance or IT. Think of it like office hours with experts where you can efficiently get answers to burning questions or brainstorm new ideas, troubleshoot some small-scale challenges, or diagnose any difficulties you’re facing.
Our first Speed Consulting event will take place on January 16th in Downtown Oakland. Sign up and Apply by December 20th to secure your spot.
Access to Taproot+
Taproot+ is a website made for the Oakland Literacy Coalition. Members can post projects and connect with motivated, skilled professionals looking to volunteer in their community. You will work together with a consultant on short-term, high-impact projects with support from Taproot throughout.
Looking for ideas for what project you have that might be a good fit for Taproot+? Here’s a few examples of successful projects on Taproot+:
- Business development strategy
- Design for your visual identity
- Google Adwords optimization strategy
- Strategic plan assembly
- Social media recommendations
Here’s How You Can Take Advantage of Taproot Today
- Sign up and become a part of the OLC Member Network.
- Once you’re registered, you’ll receive a welcome email from Taproot with a quick application form to get you started. You’ll also receive information on how to access Taproot+ and get your projects posted.
- Applications received by December 21st will be given priority for the January 16th Speed Consulting event. Once your application is submitted, a Taproot Program Manager will follow-up with you to discuss your application and find the right pro bono volunteer to help you with your challenges at the Speed Consulting.
For questions about our Member Network or the Taproot Partnership, email Sanam Jorjani at Sanam@oaklandliteracycoalition.org