Join Our Team
The OLC is in an exciting phase of strategic growth and organizational development to deepen our impact as an innovative, effective, and sustainable literacy hub for Oakland. Our passionate and entrepreneurial team, led by two women Founding Co-Directors, is committed to fostering collaboration and continuous learning internally and across our network to advance our mission.
The Oakland Literacy Coalition does not currently have any openings.
We value and honor our team and are committed to seeing employees thrive professionally and personally. We offer the following benefits (some are dependent on position status):
- Healthcare: medical insurance covered at 80% for employees and 50% for dependents; dental and vision insurance covered at 100% for employees and dependents.
- 3-4 weeks paid vacation leave (grows with years of tenure) and paid sick leave.
- 11 observed holidays, plus a winter break between December 25th and January 1st. Flexibility to “float” holidays.
- Simple IRA retirement plan with up to 3% annual salary match.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- Opportunities to take paid time out of the workday for community volunteering.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
The Oakland Literacy Coalition is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to creating a diverse staff and inclusive environment. We especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply even if your experience or qualifications are not a perfect match.
Frequently cited statistics show that women apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. The OLC encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.