Join Our Team
The OLC is in an exciting phase of strategic growth and organizational development to deepen our impact as an innovative, effective, and sustainable literacy hub for Oakland. Our passionate and entrepreneurial team, led by two women Co-Directors, is committed to fostering collaboration and continuous learning internally and across our network to advance our mission.
Associate Director of Community Engagement – Full Time
This position will build public awareness and engagement in the the coalition and opportunities to advance literacy. Key responsibilities include researching, analyzing, and communicating current practices, policy, and trends impacting literacy achievement and student outcomes and developing evidence-based recommendations in order to mobilize and effect change.
This brand-new position with the OLC is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong background in education research or policy analysis with exceptional writing and communication skills.
Please submit your application by Friday, March 12, 2021.
We value and honor our team and committed to seeing our team thrive professionally and personally. We offer the following benefits (some are dependent on position status):
- Healthcare: medical insurance covered at 80% for employees and 50% for dependents; dental and vision insurance covered at 100% for employees and dependents.
- 3-4 weeks paid vacation leave (grows with years of tenure) and paid sick leave.
- 2.5 weeks of observed holidays, including a winter break between December 25th and January 1st. Flexibility to “float” holidays.
- Simple IRA retirement plan with up to 3% annual salary match.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- Opportunities to take paid time out of the workday for community volunteering.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
The Oakland Literacy Coalition is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to creating a diverse staff and inclusive environment. We especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply even if your experience or qualifications are not a perfect match.
Frequently cited statistics show that women apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. The OLC encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.