Join Our Team
The OLC is in an exciting phase of strategic growth and organizational development to deepen our impact as an innovative, effective, and sustainable literacy hub for Oakland. Our passionate and entrepreneurial team, led by two women Co-Directors, is committed to fostering collaboration and continuous learning internally and across our network to advance our mission.
Associate Director of Development
A seasoned nonprofit fundraising professional to drive the development function in the OLC and help us secure the financial resources necessary to advance our mission. This leadership role will be responsible for developing and executing the long-term and annual development plan for diversified funding streams for the OLC.
Priority deadline was August 25. We will continue to accept and review applications until the position is filled.
Senior Communications Manager
An experienced communications professional to tell the OLC story and advance our impact through effective communications. This position will work collaboratively across the team to craft compelling content and develop and execute an overall communications strategy and work plan that meets the OLC‘s marketing, and programmatic objectives.
Deadline to apply was September 15. We will continue to accept and review applications until the position is filled.
We value and honor our team and are committed to seeing employees thrive professionally and personally. We offer the following benefits (some are dependent on position status):
- Healthcare: medical insurance covered at 80% for employees and 50% for dependents; dental and vision insurance covered at 100% for employees and dependents.
- 3-4 weeks paid vacation leave (grows with years of tenure) and paid sick leave.
- 11 observed holidays, plus a winter break between December 25th and January 1st. Flexibility to “float” holidays.
- Simple IRA retirement plan with up to 3% annual salary match.
- Paid professional development opportunities.
- Opportunities to take paid time out of the workday for community volunteering.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
The Oakland Literacy Coalition is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to creating a diverse staff and inclusive environment. We especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply even if your experience or qualifications are not a perfect match.
Frequently cited statistics show that women apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. The OLC encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to your application.