People’s Literacy Fund
The People’s Literacy Fund is all about Oaklanders expressing their agency to tackle the literacy issues we face through and with the community. This fund is for Oakland parents, students, and community members to share their strategies for how they are continuing to improve student literacy even in a pandemic.
Apply today for a mini-grant if you have a plan on how to improve literacy in our Town.
Want to Share an Announcement?
Are you part of the Member Network and interested in sharing your event with Oakland Literacy Coalition’s vast network of educators, volunteers and leaders in Oakland and throughout the Bay Area? Organizations in our Member Network can now submit content to be featured in our monthly newsletter and blog!
The Oakland Literacy Coalition newsletter provides members the opportunity to promote their free community events and job postings with colleagues and other leaders in Oakland and beyond. Information will be posted to our website blog within 48 hours and included in our monthly email round up, sent at the beginning of each month.
Here is what we need:
• Free resources or events (no fundraisers or goods for sale). (Member Network organizations may place paid fundraisers).
• Please include a short description with a brief summary explaining what it’s about and why it’s relevant to other members and colleagues in the field.
• Please include a link to the event page or landing page.
• Maximum length: 100 words
• Please submit no less than 3 weeks prior to your event date.
Please use this form for announcements, jobs, and news.